"We create flexible solutions that match your needs as closely as possible"
Additional needs and specialist provision
Winchmore Tutors is proud to work with a team of specialists qualified to teach children and young adults with additional educational needs.
Our highly skilled tutors work in partnership with carers, either in schools, at home, or in a care setting, to deliver tailor-made tuition programmes for every requirement. Our provision covers, but is not confined to:
- Looked after children and unaccompanied minors: we work with more than 20 virtual schools and looked after children teams across the UK (for further information see our Looked After Children page). Our EAL and ESOL specialists help unaccompanied minors from a range of backgrounds.
- Inclusion and alternative provision: our tutors have experience working one-to-one with excluded children and those at risk of exclusion.
- Behaviour support: our tutors work with children in mainstream schools and PRU's who have behavioural difficulties.
- Special educational needs: our tutors use traditional and new techniques to work right across the spectrum of need, teaching children with minor learning difficulties through to those with autism spectrum disorders.
- Medical or physical needs: we align our tuition programmes with personal healthcare provision to support children and young people with special needs and physical disabilities.
All our tutors are screened in line with the Department for Education’s rigorous standards and we are the only private tuition agency to be awarded its coveted Quality Mark for one-to-one tuition excellence.
If you would like to find out more about our mainstream tuition services for schools, please call your local branch to speak with a education consultant and book a meeting.
Via the agency we have found two extremely high calibre tutors who have worked enthusiastically to improve the achievement and progress of our learners.